Monday, June 6, 2011

It Started With A Red Chair. ..

This past weekend we went back to our roots and did some decorating for a graduation party. I have to admit it was a bit of a crazy process (between nailing down the right color red chairs & finding the rosette fabric to match) but we did it and the job turned out exactly how I pictured! (always a good feeling when that happens) This family was so fantastic to work for making it such an enjoyable job in all aspects.

When I first sat down with the mother of the graduate she wasn't sure if red would be the easiest color to decorate with but it was her daughter's favorite and I was determined to make it happen. My goal was to figure out how to use red and do something a bit different than they did for a previous graduation party. 
So it all started with a red chair... then we moved on to the rosette table runners.. which we had the HARDEST time finding the proper shade, so that's when I decided to venture to the garment district in NYC, buy the fabric and make them myself. Problem solved. Everything else came together pretty easily after we narrowed down the proper shade of red and everyone was extremely happy with the outcome ! 

Not only was the decorating spot on, but Big Top Rentals did a great job with the placement of the tents. The way their yard was set up didn't allow them to have only one big tent so it was Big Top's job to make sure the guests never felt they were away from the party and they nailed it ! 











 Tents: Big Top Rentals

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! Can you take every single piece of this and set it up in my backyard for a ... um ... BBQ? I need an excuse for this - it's perfectly perfect! You're simply amazing :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two favorite color combos! Love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie
    You and Mark make quite a team!
    You had to have blown away that customer.
    Great photography too!

    ReplyDelete