Monday, January 10, 2011

Some Things Old .. Something New

Details { our event & wedding decorating company } attended its first bridal show over the weekend. It was an amazing experience and we received a great response .. especially since we are taking a new approach to our design aesthetic. 
We're still who we are and we still decorate weddings.. but we're also expanding into our 'Maggpie Vintage Rental & Decor' division and that's the theme we decided to go with during our first show. A bit of a gamble I would say but we found three very specific brides looking for the vintage feel & now I feel there is no turning back =) 

This idea stemmed from Jason & I discussing our wedding.. being the more eclectic people we are, we decided we wanted to do the works from mismatched china ... mismatched  chairs from the ceremony to the reception.. outdoors.. no set color.. but in our own controlled sense. 
Then another opportunity called "Dinner by Design" came my way { at the Scranton Cultural Center in February }. I began to design my table & I was instantly drawn to this aesthetic ... even Jason commented how he cant tell how much I enjoy designing with this style .. and it finally hit me. This is what I want to do. Whether it's for my own wedding.. my home.. designing my blog OR creating a business out of it, I think I finally found what truly makes me feel happy doing.

{ Our Booth ! }

Burlap Ruffled Linen_made by me





Taking those old vintage finds .. & making fresh new designs ;)

2 comments: